New 4TB M2

Keep up with the latest about everything going on with the forums, website, etc here.
Tony Ford
Site Admin

New 4TB M2

Post by Tony Ford »

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (377.57 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Silicon Power 4TB US75 Nvme PCIe Gen4x4 M.2 2280 SSD R/W Up to 7,000/6,500 MB/s

I asked my cousin, who lives out of state, to purchase an item from my Amazon Wishlist, with the plan to pay him back next month. As a gesture of gratitude, I also sent him a little extra this month. This new drive will be replacing my long-utilized WD_BLACK 500GB SN850 NVMe, which offers similar speeds, but I've decided it's time for an upgrade to something larger as my main drive. Given that M.2 drives are significantly faster than traditional ones, it makes sense to opt for a bigger capacity than 500GB for my boot and OS drive. With this new addition, I'll now have two 4TB M.2 drives; the other one operates at 3000MB/s, which is still more than adequate for gaming and other tasks. I hope that during my lifetime, the prices of 8TB drives will decrease to a reasonable range so I can utilize the final third M.2 slot for one of those.

For anyone interested in one of these they are currently only $225 in cart with taxes,
Silicon Power 4TB US75 Nvme PCIe Gen4x4 M.2 2280

Return to “News & Information”